06/12/2012

ALL ABOUT STEF


I saw this beautiful drawing of model Stef van der Laan. 
 Stef, 2012. Artwork The KID. Courtesy Galerie Alb, Paris. Photography Robert Nethery


The Dutch beauty on motherhood, modeling, and saving face
As one of the breakout stars of Fall 2012, Stef Van Der Laan cinched a Givenchy campaign and scooped up the cover of V Magazine. But it was in CR that she undoubtedly had her star turn as part of no less than four fashion stories, including I Am Love director Luca Guadagnino’s couture extravaganza. Here she talks about beauty secrets and wanting to be a momma.

ON THE CATWALK “I was 14 when I had my first runway show. It was for a design academy in Holland. My mother told me I looked a bit like a swan (not in a good way) because I was sticking my neck out in a funny way. (Normally my mom is really nice by the way!) 

IN THE GENES “I’ve always loved fashion. When I was 3 years old, I decided to dress myself for kindergarten and I put on a really stylish outfit with little boots and camouflage pants!” 

EVENING SESSIONS “It was so cool to do the CR night shoot in Paris right in the middle of couture week madness. I loved running around the city in these incredible clothes.”

BEAUTY BLITZ “I love Estée Lauder Night Repair and their day cream too. It costs a bit, but it makes my skin so soft, and I think it’s worth the investment.” 

ROLE MODELS “I wouldn’t say I look up to any specific girl but I love the glamour that modeling had in the ’80s and ’90s.” 

MOTHER’S DAY “I never really had a career goal until I started modeling. Before that I would just say I wanted to be a mother—which is still my main goal in life.”

all from crfashionbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!
I will look at your blog soon.
Milou et Milou