23/12/2012

INTERVIEW WITH BIANCA TOEPS


Milou et Milou: Tell me a little bit about yourself…
Bianca: Hi! I'm Bianca Toeps. Photographer, editor-in-chief of Fashionmilk.com, blogger, hand model, scout for Donna Models Tokyo… I do many things. I studied Communication and Multimedia Design (CMD), and I use every aspect of that in daily life. Oh and, I'm 28, I live with my boyfriend who is a journalist in a small but cute house near the city of Utrecht.
M: How long have you been a photographer?
B:I started taking pictures in 2007, I think. I used to be a model myself. Not a real good one, actually a pretty bad one, but there were times I worked with an even worse photographer and I was like: "Dude, give me that camera, I can do that!" We got this Photography-class at CMD, and after that I bought my first camera: The Canon EOS 350D. Within two years I was shooting for CosmoGIRL!, Fancy (a magazine that unfortunately doesn't exist anymore) and others.
M: What type of cameras do you shoot with?
B: I now own a Canon EOS 5D Mark II. I usually shoot with the 24-70 2.8 L lens, but I also have the 70-200 2.8 L IS for full-body fashion shots outside. That thing is very heavy though, so I don't always have it in my bag.
M: What is your favorite photography accessory, other than your camera?
B: The 24-70 lens. I can do almost anything. And my lamp, from Elinchrom, with a deep octa softbox on it. Oh and! Photoshop, haha.

M: What is your favorite image you have shot recently?
 
B: These two!
I shot these for our latest Fashionmilk-shoot, The Class of 2012. They're super kawaii! (Japanese for cute.)
M: Who is the first photographer that comes to your mind and why?
B: Miles Aldridge. Xaviera Aubri once compared my work to his, which is a huge compliment. I love his colors, his dreamy images… Everything about his work is awesome.
M:A website and/or blog you visit often?
B: Fashionmilk.com! (Of course, haha!) And The Fashion Spot, Instagram, Facebook, 9GAG… I almost live on the internet!

1 comment:

  1. Your definition of a good model and mine differ Toeps! ;b
    I agree about Miles Aldridge! There's definitely some similarity and I always thought many of my favorite images from you had a great dreamy quality and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!
I will look at your blog soon.
Milou et Milou